Thinking about making this the year you become a homeowner?
Well, our goal is to help you get off to a great start by providing a few tips.
- Know and understand your credit score. You are not just a number. Work with a loan advisor to analyze your assets and debts. Your interest rate may vary based on your score.
- Secure a down payment. Although there are no down payment loans available, it’s still a rule of thumb to save 3% to 20% of the home price. Discuss options with your Loan Advisor. You may even be able to receive a monetary gift from family members.
- Gather important documents. Obtaining a loan means paperwork. Today’s loan application process can be done online, where available, pulling in data from your financial institutions. Having your electronic paystubs, bank statements and W-2 tax forms readily available can make the loan application process much faster and easier. To be prepared, know where these are located. Other documents will be needed along the way.
- Get a loan pre-approval. Work with a Loan Advisor to get re-approved. This lets you know how much home you can afford. It also lets sellers know you are a serious buyer.
- Find your dream home. Start shopping for your dream home. The location of your home is important. Consider your commute time, access to restaurants, parks, and schools. Your cost of living could increase or decrease based on where you choose to live.
If purchasing a home is on your to-do list, then start by working with a professional who can craft a mortgage solution that works for you this year. Contact a Loan Advisor to get started.
Terms, conditions, and rates are subject to change without notice. This does not constitute a rate commitment. Flagstar Bank, Equal Housing Lender, Member FDIC. Visit www.flagstar-opes.com for additional disclosures.
While Opes Advisors, a division of Flagstar Bank, Member FDIC, uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that this information is current, accurate and complete on the date of publication, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. Opes Advisors, a division of Flagstar Bank, Member FDIC, an Equal Housing Lender, therefore, cannot be held liable for any loss arising or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing in this.