TEAM LEAD – FUNDING
This position provides front line guidance to staff who handle the funding of the mortgage loan production. Mortgage Fulfillment Operation includes Wholesale, Retail and Correspondent Lending business functions.
This position requires in depth knowledge and experience associated with the compliance requirement relative to Reg Z, X, B, Mortgage Disclosure Information Act, Home Ownership Equity Protection Act, Qualified Mortgage, Ability to Repay. The position requires experience associated with the compliance requirements relative to funding and reviewing a loan. This position has a very strong production-based component with emphasis on time sensitive documents and customer service quality related to all loan funding. The ability to work well under pressure within limited time frames to meet service level expectations is required.
This individual will be responsible for providing guidance to staff regarding compliance failures identified during the funding process. They will be prioritize work levels, handle difficult customer service issues, and perform testing of new programs and products for the area.
Qualified individuals will have the initiative to drive for results. They will display problem solving and resolution skills and be a proven decision maker. They will have a good math aptitude, ability to multi task, and have a strong understanding of the fulfillment process steps that take place before funding.
Proficient performance provides a strong quality rating required by regulators and investors, which supports a successful business relationship with the bank’s sales partners. The ability to apply and achieve successfully key business planning components while working through challenging environment is required. This position is critical to the mission of the bank’s security and compliance guidelines.
- Answer calls from other teams and first line escalations
- Compliance review of title closing docs, MIP review, Reg Z,X,B Mortgage Disclosure Information Act, Loan Officer Comp, Home Ownership Equity Protection Act, Qualified Mortgage, Ability to Repay and all investor funding requirements, Government guidelines
- Resolve issues, sending advisories, requesting documents, obtaining approval of compliance problems
- Responsible for overflow and same-day request, if cannot be assigned out
- Oversight of production without direct reporting responsibilities. Assign and manages rush requests
- Manage daily work flow of Funders. May supervise team of Funders.
- Train new staff
- Applicant must have a strong working knowledge of all CFPB regulations and applicable rules as they relate to mortgage origination, REG Z, X B, Mortgage Disclosure Information Act, Loan Officer Comp, Home Ownership Equity Protection Act, Qualified Mortgage, Ability to repay and all Investor funding requirements. The knowledge, expertise and experience level that is required is critical to the overall quality of the mortgage operations area. Some accounting background is helpful
- 3-5 years of closing and/or funding background with current compliance knowledge
- Proven mentoring and coaching ability
- Analytical and proficient in problem solving
- Time management skills.
- Quality is first priority
- Ability to meet daily goals.
- A strong math aptitude is required
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a production environment
- Excellent customer service is a key component.
- Strong organization skills
- Proven quality acumen
Equal Opportunity Employer