IT HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
An IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for resolving hardware and software issues in the financial services industry. The candidate must support daily operations of a wide variety of end user systems including Windows desktops, networking equipment and application support. The IT Help Desk Technician will work to ensure the success of daily operations.
- Responsible for entering all problem calls into database to record the type of call, length of time to resolve, and the solution to the problem.
- Verify with the originating caller that the problem has been resolved.
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking.
- Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals.
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems.
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions.
- Conduct remote troubleshooting.
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue.
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs.
- Document technical issues and solutions in ticket system.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests.
- Help create technical documentation and manuals.